Wild Wookey – COVID Visitor Information
The health and safety of our guests is paramount to our operation, we have put together the below guide to inform you what changes we have put in place to keep you and our team members safe during your visit to us.
Before your visit us:
- All bookings to Wild Wookey must be made in advance, we cannot guarantee entry if you do not pre-book with us.
- If you, or anyone in your party, are displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19, please refrain from visiting us and inform us as soon as possible you are unable to make your session.
During your visit:
- All of the Wild Wookey instructors have Airborne Pathogens and First Aid Certification.
- Enhanced cleaning in all areas, including high touch points around the Caves.
- Social distancing, a minimum of 1 meter needs to be kept from others at all times.
- As with our staff, we ask all visitors to uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – washing hands regularly, use of hand sanitiser and catching a cough or sneeze with a tissue or in your sleeve.
- Group sizes have been limited.
- On arrival, we will be taking temperature checks of all participants. If anyone in the group does fail a test (an average of three readings if required) we will be unable to allow them to participate at that time.
- Our instructors will be wearing PPE at all times. We ask that you bring your own facemask/covering, this will be required at all times during the induction/course. If you are unable to bring your own mask, we will have masks on sale on site.
- Wild Wookey provide you with overalls, harnesses, hats and gloves – all items are disinfected after each use, overalls are also washed to 60 degrees as required.
- Lockers are provided for you to store personal items, however, we ask during this time that you leave as much as possible in your car – all lockers are disinfected after use.
Has COVID changed the Wild Wookey course at all?
Wild Wookey is operating as normal. The main change to the course, is maintaining social distancing at all times and the use of face masks/coverings.
Why do I need to book in advance?
All tickets must be booked in advance either online or over the phone with an arrival time slot.
We cannot guarantee entry for anyone who hasn’t pre-booked.
Do I need to wear PPE on my visit?
Yes, we are asking all participants to wear face masks/coverings at all times.
We will have facemasks available to purchase on arrival if required.
Will toilet facilities be open?
Yes, our toilet facilities will be open and our team will be cleaning high touch points throughout the day, along with regular toilet checks / cleans as normal.
What measures have you put in place to keep visitors safe?
We have implemented a number of new measures following advice from government and industry associations so that we can provide a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone.
Some of these measures include:
- Limiting the number of visitors per day
- All visitors must pre-book tickets so we can manage numbers safely
- Entry will be permitted in pre-booked time slots
- Floor markings and signs to manage walkways and queues to respect social distancing guidelines
- Hand sanitiser and handwashing points around the Park