Wild Wookey is currently closed based on guidance from the Government.
We hope to re-open from the 4th August 2020, we look forward to welcoming you back at this time.
If you have an upcoming trip booked with us during the closure, one of the team will be in contact to discuss your options.
Stay safe and thank you for your support during this difficult time.
Welcome to Wild Wookey
Adventure Caving at Wookey Hole
Explore Wookey like never before!
Your opportunity to explore one of the world’s most magnificent caves. The Wild Wookey Experience includes 3 hour caving trip with professional instructors.
Abseiling! Climbing! Crawling!
All equipment and overalls provided.
Wild Wookey is a three hour ‘adrenaline-fuelled, high-octane, exhilarating Adventure Caving Experience’ in the largest and most spectacular cave complex in the UK. Hidden deep below the surface of the rolling Mendip Hills, Wild Wookey at Wookey Hole Caves is a haven for explorers, thrill seekers and anyone wishing to sample a taste of true caving!
Venturing into the darkest recesses of this World famous cave, guided by highly experienced instructors, Wild Wookey will have you immersed in a secret subterranean universe. Rich in history, shrouded in mystery, with vast expanses of unexplored passageways and caverns – this caving adventure is the ultimate adult’s underground playground…
Minimum age 14 years old.
- Three hours of unforgettable, challenging and exhilarating moments guided by our highly experienced and qualified caving instructors
“Behind The Scenes” exploration of the World famous showcaves at Wookey Hole
- Abseiling with utterly beautiful, awe-inspiring, breath-taking views
- European-style Via Ferrata climbs (The longest underground Via Ferrata route in England!)
- Traversing activity over the vividly green water of the River Axe
- Contrastingly peaceful Boat Ride in the iconic ‘Wookey Boat’
- VIP style exit from the cave via the newly rigged Zip Line!
- Unique access to previously hidden passages
- Chances to get up, close and personal with rare geological and archaeological features, unseen by the general public
- An authentic caving trip in an AONB; The Mendip Hills
- Fascinating educational and historical information throughout
- FREE photographs of your experience
- FREE certificate upon completion
And more… ‘Well, we have to leave some surprises!’